love it.

5:48 PM on Tuesday, March 01, 2005
After a lot of deliberation, I finally installed Mono on my Ubuntu Hoary desktop at office. Also installed f-spot and tomboy after that. Installation of Mono as well as the apps was simple with the usual synaptic magic. That said, getting the applications to actually work was a bit of a pain since the debian packages did not have dependencies on the right versions of other packages these apps wanted (f-spot croaked a bit without exif and tomboy simply crashed without the latest libgtk-cil).

I like both of these apps. Especially Tomboy which seems to be a great PostIt(tm) equivalent for me on Linux. It looks more polished than the 'sticky notes' applet that comes by default with GNOME and also allows me to search across notes.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home